5 Soft Skills You Should Develop For a Successful Career
People who are after a brilliant career often focus on education. It’s true that a university degree can help you land your first job, but can a bachelor’s degree itself guarantee a bright future? World’s largest and most reputable companies pay a lot of attention on soft skills nowadays.
The competition between candidates is high, and the academic qualifications are no longer enough for someone to stand out, get hired and keep a job for long. Companies’ HR teams are now looking deeper. They look for personality traits and skills such as adaptability, resourcefulness and positive attitude.
In fact, a recent study has shown that companies are more likely to hire and keep candidates with the right attitude, even if they lack knowledge or experience, rather than hire people with poor soft skills.
Here are the 5 important skills you should develop early in your career, according to Position Mobile.
- Confidence: People see in you, what you see in yourself. It’s nearly impossible to convince any potential employer to hire you, if deep inside you feel insecure.
- Discipline: The cornerstone of every success story. The first step of building great self discipline is to accept that good habits are usually boring. Stick to them, regardless.
- Time Management & Planning: Time is limited and should be used with intention. Good planning optimizes efficiency.
- Adaptability: To be flexible and able to adjust as things change.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: To be able to establish meaningful interactions with other people. To be able to listen and communicate effectively, verbally and non-verbally.
In Position Mobile, we believe that soft skills are important not only for a person’s career but also for people’s everyday lives. Therefore, we believe that developing these 5 skills from a younger age, increases the chance of a successful and happy life.